Thursday, August 28, 2008

WELCOME TO MY TWILIGHT

As twilight is the end of the day, My Twilight Months is my personal account of the end of my life.

It is popularly believed I am dying of cancer, but part of my success in having already lived twelve months beyond discovery of the first ten metastasised tumours is that I believe it is unlikely I will die of cancer, but a related disease, so the ‘big C’ word has no power of fearfulness in my vocabulary.

While answers to prayer and miracles happen all around me, I feel certain I have been called Home. Knowing I’m going to die before too long, I still look after my body, the temple of my soul, to the best of my ability, warding off the side effects of cancer tumours and trying to manage the more deadly and related symptoms, such as liver disease and
mal-nutrition over which I have some degree of control.

Getting back to my blog, the first article you see at the top of the page will be the latest significant development; therefore if you want to see where this all began, you need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

I would like to thank my partner Margaret sincerely for her wise counselling during my feverish writing and for providing the peace at home that allows me to stay in touch with the inner Me as the words flow.

Feel free to click on the tiny blue Comments link at the end of each item and give me some feed back or ask questions; just don’t expect an answer in less than three days, which tends to be how often I visit or edit the blog.

To tie in with the end of my life the articles all have a caption relating to the twilight end of the day, the most beautiful part of the day, and some of the most beautiful months of my life.

If you think my story may help someone you know, please do not hesitate to share it; for this purpose I see it as public domain, but please quote its source so that others can catch up with My Twilight Months.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics